Interaction Design Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
Learn an ideation technique to help you design solutions for enhancing usability, visual appeal, and brand perception.
- Systematically ideate redesign options with a checklist of proven ways to make things easier, more organized, and visually-appealing
- Learn widely-applicable design tools, such as chunking, layering, constraining user actions, the flexibility-usability tradeoff, and the 5 primary methods of organizing content
UX pioneer Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini teaches principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)
Successfully turn user data into user interfaces. Learn how to create, maintain and utilize personas throughout the UX design process.
- How to turn complex user data into effective user personas
- Time-tested techniques for embedding them into your design process