Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: concept models, wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
Feeling trapped by usability problems in your current UI? Learn how to apply 29 design principles to your UX challenges
- Systematically ideate redesign options with a checklist of proven ways to make things easier, more organized, and visually-appealing
- Learn widely-applicable design tools, such as chunking, layering, constraining user actions, the flexibility-usability tradeoff, and the 5 primary methods of organizing content
- Not all of these 29 solution-drivers will work for your specific problem, but at least one will spark the insight you need for a better design
UX pioneer Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini teaches principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)
Successfully turn user data into user interfaces. Learn how to create, maintain and utilize personas throughout the UX design process.
- How to turn complex user data into effective user personas
- Time-tested techniques for embedding them into your design process