Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Build a toolkit of broad design patterns, strategies, and concepts that help you think through almost any user experience problem and generate solutions.
- How to design usable products
- How to understand your users and encourage them towards certain behaviors
- Understanding high-level organization and design strategies
The most important usability findings for improving website ROI, based on thousands of user studies worldwide
- Look closely at how people react to different websites and design elements
- Understand the principles that will help you prioritize your efforts and spend resources more effectively
- Get empirical research data from Nielsen Norman Group to support your design decisions and recommendations
Be an effective UX professional: Know the lingo and sell the process
- Understand the purpose and roles of UX professionals throughout a project lifecycle
- Know when to apply which research methods and how to use the data to improve design
- Assess your organization’s commitment to UX
- Learn tips for promoting UX as a competitive advantage
Apply psychology principles to predict and explain how your customers think and act
- Go beyond purely complying with usability guidelines to reach an understanding of their underlying reasoning
- Apply findings from well-known psychology research studies to explain behavior observed in usability testing and anticipate the impact of future designs
- Design better interfaces from inception by knowing human limitations and easing the load on the user
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Create exemplary college websites with limited resources and organizational challenges
- Apply usability guidelines to enhance the brand, reputation, and credibility of your institution
- Find out what students want from university websites and how they decide to keep exploring or to give up.
- Learn best practices and success stories from universities who have been successful in making a business case for usability and demonstrating Return-On-Investment (ROI).
Designing successful web pages based on priority, hierarchy, and balance
Apply layout-related [AB1] design principles to indicate priority of content, and lead users through the web page effectively
Ensure visuals meet brand expectations and elicit appropriate emotional responses
Understand how particular page elements influence user behavior
Design each web page on your site to help meet your business objectives