Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
The most important usability findings for improving website ROI, based on thousands of user studies worldwide
- Look closely at how people react to different websites and design elements
- Understand the principles that will help you prioritize your efforts and spend resources more effectively
- Get empirical research data from Nielsen Norman Group to support your design decisions and recommendations
Be an effective UX professional: Know the lingo and sell the process
- Understand the purpose and roles of UX professionals throughout a project lifecycle
- Know when to apply which research methods and how to use the data to improve design
- Assess your organization’s commitment to UX
- Learn tips for promoting UX as a competitive advantage
Apply psychology principles to predict and explain how your customers think and act
- Go beyond purely complying with usability guidelines to reach an understanding of their underlying reasoning
- Apply findings from well-known psychology research studies to explain behavior observed in usability testing and anticipate the impact of future designs
- Design better interfaces from inception by knowing human limitations and easing the load on the user
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Create exemplary college websites with limited resources and organizational challenges
- Apply usability guidelines to enhance the brand, reputation, and credibility of your institution
- Find out what students want from university websites and how they decide to keep exploring or to give up.
- Learn best practices and success stories from universities who have been successful in making a business case for usability and demonstrating Return-On-Investment (ROI).
Designing successful web pages by identifying objectives and applying the right design principles to support them.
- Explore the key design considerations that collectively create and effective web page for you and your customers
- Apply layout-related design principles to indicate priority of content, and lead users through the web page effectively
- Ensure visuals meet brand expectations and elicit appropriate emotional responses
- Understand how particular page elements influence user behavior
- Discuss common page types and what design decisions support the objectives for such pages