Jakob Nielsen is the 2013 recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award for Human–Computer Interaction Practice from SIGCHI, the premiere professional society in the HCI field.
SIGCHI defines the award as follows:
The SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award is presented to individuals for outstanding contributions to the practice and understanding of human-computer interaction. This award recognizes the very best and most influential applications of human-computer interaction. It is awarded for a lifetime of innovation and leadership. The criteria for the award are:
- Cumulative contributions to the field directly and through the leadership of others.
- Innovation and the stimulation of innovation through practice.
- Impact on the field, industry, and society.
- Influence on the work of others, and the growth of other HCI practitioners and researchers.
- Successful application of human-computer interaction to products, services, and systems.
Don Norman received the SIGCHI Lifetime Achievement Award in 2002.