Human Computer Interaction Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Be an effective UX professional: Know the lingo and sell the process
- Understand the purpose and roles of UX professionals throughout a project lifecycle
- Know when to apply which research methods and how to use the data to improve design
- Assess your organization’s commitment to UX
- Learn tips for promoting UX as a competitive advantage
Learn key human-computer interaction (HCI) research findings, and how you can apply them to UX design problems
- Examine the most relevant concepts from the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) field and learn to apply the principles to specific design problems
- Be able to explain why certain designs work better in particular circumstances
- Design better interfaces from the start by knowing human limitations and easing the load on the user
UX pioneer Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini teaches principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)