Mobile & Tablet Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Essential UX design principles for small-screen websites and apps
- Best practices for creating user-friendly mobile interfaces for phones and tablets
- Apps versus websites
- Considerations for touchscreen designs
Usability for responsive web design and other approaches to designing websites for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Learn what’s important when adapting designs for different device sizes, screen sizes, input styles, output styles, and context of use.
- What content makes sense? How should navigation change across different screens? What should be the same and what should be different?
- Review design similarities and differences across platforms and analyze the usability of many popular responsive-design patterns.
Basic components and patterns of mobile design
- Balance aesthetics with functionality to create an elegant and functional design
- Visual design components for mobile design and applying them to your situations
- Identifying visually-awkward design decisions and how to fix them
Advance into more challenging design solutions for mobile
- Advanced visual design principles for mobile devices
- Visual design and interaction patterns for common mobile experiences
- Tips to differentiate your design from competitors