Interaction Design Courses
The UX Conference offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Systematic methods for creative solutions to any UX design or redesign challenge
- Understand how to improve the idea-generation phase of your UX design process
- Practice a wide range of user-centered ideation techniques and learn how to adapt them for your team or project
- Approach your design challenges with a fresh perspective
UX pioneer Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini teaches principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)
Create a usable cross-channel experience, including the web, email, social media, phone, print, apps and online chat
- Understand how customers interact with organizations through many channels and touch points
- Discuss guidelines for creating fluid and holistic experiences as users engage on many channels
- Learn how to research your omnichannel user experience and understand the typical customer journey for common tasks
- Discuss common barriers for success and how to position your organization to overcome them
How to design and lead goal-based group exercises for collaborative gain
- Learn how to design and facilitate UX workshops that produce insights to move your project forward
- Build your skills and gain confidence in workshop facilitation
- Take home new ideas for collaborative activities and learn how to design UX exercises for specific goals
Establish shared values and a collaborative culture among a distributed team; create great products without being in the same building
- Develop a set of shared team values, goals, and expectations
- Learn how to foster team collaboration and camaraderie as if you were face to face
- Leveraging best practices to have the most impact on your team
Unearthing user pain points to drive breakthrough design concepts
- Learn how to identify user pain points through as-is scenario mapping
- Determine the user’s inefficiencies and pinpoint opportunities for improvement
- Leverage needs statements to generate transformational design concepts